This week’s guest on the Zone Show is Zen Master, author and musician, Joseph Emet.
Joseph shares his wisdom, and his meditative songs, on the how and why of mindfulness meditation.
Be prepared to be slightly more chilled out at the end of this podcast than at the start..
Topics we chat about :
- Why we should fill our days with music
- How to sculpt a different outcome for ourselves
- Why we should be mindful as opposed to brainful
- Why mindfulness is conducive to happiness
- The importance of the breath – and a smile
- How meditation helps us heal – and not get ill in the first place
- Meditation for creativity
- Why all it takes is 10 mindful minutes a day (as recommended by Goldie Hawn)
- The collective benefit of getting the whole planet meditating
- How we get the time we invest in meditation back many times over
“Thinking is the brain talking : meditation is the brain listening” Joseph Emet
Joseph Emet’s web site
Buddha’s Book of Meditation – with free meditations & songs
Julia Cameron : Finding Water: The Art of Perseverance
Thich Nhat Hanh & Plum Village
Goldie Hawn’s 10 Mindful Minutes
My free meditations on Insight Timer